Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things To Come

Well, I know it's been awhile since I posted. Things have been a little hectic around here. Ambre has been studying a lot. She had her final exam in micro-biology last Thursday evening. She's really been worried about that. But we have been going to pottery class on Wednesday nights and trying to make things here at the house when we can. The following are a few of the things we have in the works. They are all greenware right now. We will be doing a bisque firing sometime today. The first one is a birdhouse that I made. I'm trying new styles. The roof was done in three pieces that were joined together. The next picture shows the detail on the roof.

I made the detail with a pine cone. It kinda looks like a thatched roof. Really neat. I have two more at class that are similar but with different roofs on them. I'll take some pics and post them next week.
Your gonna love these! Their windchimes. Ambre came up with these. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Here is another pitcher that Ambre made. These are really popular. And very beautiful.
This is a few coffee cups and a chili bowl that I made. The next picture show a sugar and creamer to go along with the cups.
This picture below is of a new kind of teapot that I made. I made it in the style of the Japanese teapots. I can't wait til it's done. I think I'm going to do it in a deep red trimmed in black with Japanese writing on the sides. It will have a bamboo handle when done. Also working on some teacups to go with it. I'll show those later.
We're going to do one more sale out on the road. Then we'll be working a lot to get stuff ready for the Hilltop Festival in October. We are hoping that we can make it into the Hickory Show coming up in March. That show is very hard to get into, but we are hoping that we can. That's all for now. Keep checking back, we'll try to get more on the site and we'll be firing again and hopefully these pieces can be seen by midweek finished. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave your comments. Jen



No comments: