Monday, August 11, 2008

Jennifer's New Pieces

Well, I have some new pieces to show, so let's get started. This first picture is of the Japanese style teapot I made. I changed my mind at the last minute and painted it with Poppy Fields Crystalline Glaze. I just need to add the bamboo handle and she's all set. I think it turned out very well.





I made two more rice bowls but instead of painting them red, I tried another effect that I think turned out well. The inside of the bowls are done in Peacock Eyes Crystalline and outside is Stormy Blue. Yeah, Yeah, I know it doesn't look blue. But this is fired to cone 5 and this is the effect that you get. I still think they turned out well.







>


















The next few pictures are of a set of cups and creamer and sugar. They are dipped in raspberry and nutmeg. I overlapped the two colors a little and that is the effect in the middle.










The next three pictures are of some new birdhouses that I made. They were a lot of fun to make and kinda whimsical.





The top of the birdhouse in the middle was done by coiling ropes of clay. The weird thing about this is that the glaze on the top of this is Stormy Blue. I'm wondering if the blue effect we got with this is because I dipped it in clear glaze too. I'll have to do some trials and see. Anyway, do you remember the platter below?


Well, how do you like it now? I had a hard time deciding what to do with it. But finally decided to dip it in Brown Glass and trim in white.

That's all I have for right now. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave your comments. We will probably be showing and selling all these new items at our next sell. So if you see something you like let us know.

1 comment:

The Good News Corner said...

Hi Jennifer!
This is Charlotte, Joan's friend here in Leesburg. I love this platter. I would like to carry some of your things in our church bookstore if you could get me a price list we can go from there. Let me or joanie know okay! If you have another platater like this let me know and how much it is too.
Thanks,
Charlotte