Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Funky Pots from Foothill Country

Well, here are a few pieces that I'm working on. They are currently in the drying stage. I will be bisque firing them soon and will hopefully get them glazed and finished. They will all have the same glaze effect as the pot picture below except I will be trying out some different glaze colors. The pot below was dipped in glaze and then scraped in places to reveal the natural clay color underneath.

I really fell in love with the design of this pot. Apparently so did Beth!


These two are vases.


These are going to be tumblers. They are just the right size and fit perfectly in the hand. Each one of these new pieces is different in pattern or shape.


That one on the right says things like Faith, Hope, Love, Laugh!


I just thought this one was so sweet and whimsical!

The next 3 pictures are of the same cup from different sides so you can get the full impact. I love it!!! And absolutely true!






Just in case you couldn't make it out...the top line reads 'Haley, James & Cameron' and the bottom reads 'My cup runneth over. Ps. 23:5'

And again the next 3 are of one cup.






Top line: Live~Love~Laugh
Bottom line:Well~Forever~Often

I just love the versatility of pottery and these pieces are no exception. They are not the usual "stick-them-on-a-shelf-and-never-use-them" pieces. They are functional and fun! What more could you ask for?
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the lastest installment of 'Funky Pots from Foothill Country'. Leave me some love and your opinions. Thanks, Ambre

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

These are so unique, I loveem!