Thursday, May 22, 2008

Birdhouses Bisqued!!!!

Here are the four birdhouses that were bisque fired yesterday in Diane's kiln. See how they have turned a pinkish color? The clay is called speckled brownstone but they bisque to this color. Weird! Oh well, they make a pretty "tink-tink" noise when you tap them so they are done and ready to glaze for the next and final firing!

I love these birdhouses! Can you tell? I don't like taking pictures!


Okay, so these babies are ready for the next act!

But first, we need to get the rest of them bisque fired. I am hoping to get that done on Friday evening so they will be ready to glaze and put back in the kiln on Saturday! So, if the Good Lord will it and the creeks don't rise we may have the finished photos up on Sunday! Everyone start praying for a good turn out, okay? I know I will be!

Once again, thanks for stopping by!
Ambre

No comments: