Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Progress and Pretties........

Hi all! Ambre here: I wanted to give you a little update on some progress! Aunt Diane (Daddy's sister) called me today and she only had a few pieces ready to bisque but wanted to get them done asap. She had some extra space in her kiln and thought I might like to fire some things....very sweet huh? So I took some bird houses and a few coffee cups up there. This is a picture inside the kiln! Sweet!

I will post some after bisque pictures tommorow. Moving on!


While I was at Aunt Diane's, she was showing me some of her recent pieces and I thought it might be nice to do a blog featuring the work of another local potter....and when I say "local", I mean she lives like less than 2 miles up the road. Diane does alot of sculpting and handbuilding, especially cowboys, horses (amazing) and some other awesome stuff! Just take a look!


This pot was thrown, altered and that rose up there is actually a stopper! Creative!


These "Woodsmen" are slabbed and sculpted! They are stained instead of glazed and this picture does not do them justice!


This is one of my favorites! If I had ANY blue in my kitchen this would SO be on my table filled with oranges! It is slabbed and then formed! That glaze is cappucino and cobalt and the combo makes my heart sing!

Side view: you really can't tell but this thing is so big and beyond beautiful! I would say that a basketball would fit or almost fit in it! AWESOME! Seriously, I'm thinking about painting but Kojak would shoot me if he had to do it again!

This is another slabbed piece and I like it because it's funky! And I'm a funky kinda gal, ya dig?



These sweet little people are called "Rufftons", get it? We live in Rutherfordton, AKA Ruffton to locals who talk too fast to pronounce it right! Anyway, they are slabbed and sculpted then stained!
This is one her cowboys, very original I think and so cute!


Closer pic of a "Ruffton".



Becky, this one I put on here because he's awesome and I thought you'd like him!


Well, I hope you've all enjoyed this post, stay tuned people, I foresee some awesome posts in the near future! Thanks for stopping by!
Ambre

No comments: