Thursday, May 29, 2008

Little Loafers


Here's some more pieces that I did yesterday.

Kojak says he likes the coffee cup because it might actually be big enough for his hands. I guess he keeps forgetting that I made him a coffee cup about the size of this pitcher. See below!


Okay so it's more like a coffee MUG!


I made these birdhouses last night also and added a little biult-in perch below the door. I made these four pieces with Little Loafers which is a white clay! You would be surprised how differently a glaze looks on this clay!


I love using Speckled Brownstone but sometimes I like to use this one for the difference in finished color! It is a much smoother clay easier to manipulate on the wheel! It also has a few drawbacks, for one, it's become nearly impossible for me to throw something without getting the bottom too thin. I have to make and attach a new bottom on these peices, which is still okay! Second, because it is so smooth it takes some effort to keep it from completely going all womple-jawed and ending up in your lap! And yes that has happened to me! I slung one at Christopher one time too, but that was funny!


Moving on!



This is a cookie jar that I made a few months back, it's been bisque fired but I ahve no clue as to what I'm going to do with it now.


Ambre

No comments: