Sunday, June 1, 2008

More Birdhousees

I made another birdhouse yesterday. It's part of an idea I had with plaques. This first one is one that I made a few months ago. Unfortunately, one of the points broke off. But I'm going to try to make another one again today.

This next one was made yesterday. The face part was formed by hand using slabwork. But this morning it hit me that I could throw the bulb part of the house on the wheel. Well, that's an idea that will save a lot of time. It's kind of time consuming to do it by hand and the clay dries out very fast. It's sort of a race against time. I added a small feature on the back of this one. I'll add the pic but I'm not sure it can be seen very well. When its fired and painted it will show up much better.

Now, the next picture is the backside of the one above. It reads, " Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare", Ps. 124:7 Well, that's all for now. I'll try to have some more soon. And thanks again for stopping by.

No comments: