Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ambre's Buildin' a Big One

Ambre got a big ball of clay last night and sat down to build a big one. Didn't really know what she wanted to build but it turned out pretty good. This first picture shows the pot already up and started.

Next, she's expanded a little more. I'll add a couple of more to show the progress and bringing it on up and out a little.


Now if you will notice in the above picture, the bottom was getting a little rounder. Well, the bugger tried to sit down on Ambre. You'll see a wider bottom on the next picture. She had to work fast to get it to come back up before it sat down completely and ruined the piece.
She's working hard to keep it from falling. But she made it and in the next picture you will see the finished product. Mind the piece looks whiter at the top but that is because it is in the drying stage now and drying from the top down.
Now, I'm going to throw in one more picture and another piece she threw after throwing the large vase. I have to say that while I know I am bragging ( forgive me Lord!) my daughter is a very talented artist. Well, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget the leave a comment.

No comments: