Saturday, June 14, 2008

I think I need to get busy!

Mom's prediction was correct....these birdhouses are selling like hotcakes!
Mom took them to work with her last Thursday and sold 3, then sold 2 at the bank this morning! How cool is that? I am very excited but worried at the same time because I only made 11 to begin with. I gave 1 to a friend who was in the hospital after breaking her leg in 3 places! So we only have 5 left!


I guess I need to get a move on. Only now I have a problem, I hurt my finger yesterday and I can't do any throwing until it heals. I do have some up there that need painting so they can be fired so I guess I could do that. I also have some more from the first batch that need to be glazed. Or I could talk Mom into making some birdhouses.



I also got my birdfeeders bisque fired so they are almost ready for their debut. Mom's 2 large platters have been bisque fired and came out perfect so they are ready for painting.

Mom and I both are signed up for pottery class this summer again. We haven't taken the class in a few semesters and I figured if I get into the nursing program we won't have very much Mother/Daughter time for a long while. So, we are going this summer to spend time together. And make pretty pots of course. Plus, it gives us both a chance to get out of our houses and do something for ourselves.


Also, I would like to say "Thank You" to everyone for all your comments and encouragement. They are all greatly appreciated!

No comments: