Monday, June 16, 2008

Introductory Post!

Every great once in a while I have a really good idea and yesterday was one of those times. On our way down the interstate Mom and I were discussing our pottery biz and out of the blue I had this awwesome idea. It completely took me by surprise. Within a few minutes I had explained it to Mom and knew exactly how to go about it. This morning I got up, went to Moms house and got busy.
I'll stop rambling now!
I'm calling these Bird Villages!

This is the front and left sides.

Front and right sides.

These will be a post type bird village. They are too heavy to hang so I will be selling them with or without a wooden plank that can be attached to a 4x4 post and the bird house will need to be mounted on top with some form of glue. You don't really want to try to screw them down because they may crack. I am so excited about this new project, this one was so fun to make.

I made this one today by request for a bigger bird house, although you can't really tell how big it is in this picture.

This one I made about a week ago. It's right at 12 inches tall and I love it!

On our way home yesterday we stopped in South Carolina to see Bo and Millie. They are doing good, they're both still workoholics. And while we were there I took a few pictures of some pieces that they had of Moms. this one is a casserole she did last year.


This is one piece of a canister set she made. I hope she makes more of these this year.

On the subject of Bo and Millie, Bo makes furniture. Very unique furniture. He just started a blog page today and will be featuring his hand made furniture and home decor. It is rustic and beautiful. Below I am including a few shots of pieces he had available for me to shoot. Take a look at his blog and his creative wonders.

www.carolinarustics.blogspot.com


No comments: