Friday, June 27, 2008

Are you ready for this?

Well, here they are! They all turned out so unbelievably well, it really makes us feel good when we open the kiln to find such awesome things. Okay, here we go!

This is a jug that I made for Kojak. It is dipped in Floating Blue. The blue in it breaks to reveal a dark brown over ridges! It is awesome but also unpredictable.


Coffee mug. I painted it with Tahiti Grape!


This is Mom's garlic jar! I painted it with our new crystalline glaze, Herb Garden. We have fallen in love with one. It's the best piece out of this load, I think! You can't really tel but it is a minty green background with dark green, golden yellow, blue, and light brown specks! It really is lovely!


This is my pitcher. I think it is dipped in Ryoko and Twinkly blue. Twinkly Blue is not really blue though, it is more of a light green.


Birdhouse in Floating Blue, can you see the breaks in the blue that show brown?


This is another birdhouse that I think I dipped in Matte Iron Yellow and either Moss or Twinkly blue. Cute huh?


This is one of my birdfeeders. I know it is Matte Iron Yellow but can't remember what else.


I dipped this mug in Floating Blue and the unpredictable happened. It turned more brown that blue. I still love it though.


This is my tall pitcher, dipped in Ryoko and Moss Green.


This vase is also Ryoko and Moss.


This birdhouse was dipped in Twinkly Blue and nothing else. See, it's more of a green than blue.


This is my cookie jar that has been sitting on a shelf for a while waiting to be glazed and fired. i think it turned out really nice!


This is the front view of one that I tried something new on. It is dipped in....well, I don't remember. Anyway, I placed a piece of stained glass on top of the handle.


And this what happened. I like it, it's different but I think I would like it better if I had dipped it in a darker glaze. Tell me what you think?


This the other vase I did. I think it's Ryoko and Moss but with my memory I can never be sure.


So, we would like to know what you all think? What's your favorite piece? New glaze combinations, yah or nah? Your opinions matter greatly to us!

Note: We have PUPPIES! Casey had them late last night! I will post a picture later, they are way too adorable!

No comments: